Being born and blessed with healthy and disease free genes is a great FORTUNE in itself and then comes all the wealth of the world to feel lucky about. A lot of people just take this fact for granted that they were born and blessed with a healthy and disease free GENES. We must realize that this is not a simple thing. If we are born with such a healthy state it reflects how our parents and ancestors have protected our genes by living such a great and disciplined life! Our HEARTS and MINDS MUST BE filled with gratitude for the divine creation and to our parents and ancestors. Along with the GRATITUDE it is also our RESPONSIBILITY to take utmost care of what we are blessed! There are two very important things when it comes to health that WE MUST focus on to TAKE CARE OF WHAT WE HAVE BEEN ALREADY BLESSED WITH , and they are DIET AND EXERCISE!
There is so much hype going on about Diet and Exercise as more and more people become health conscious and so, it is ironic when we hear or read words like DIET AND EXERCISE they may seem like some modern or recently adopted concept. This happens because human mind likes change so it always seek for fancy ideas and concepts overlooking some of the fundamentals. Eating healthy and balanced food is a basic thing and exercising physical body(not necessarily going to gym) but in some or the other way doing daily physical exertions to maintain internal and external body structures is something we humans having been doing it since the primitive ages effortlessly. To do this we require consistency and self-discipline in following proper time table. But today In the process of incessant seeking of fancy ways of living, we keep on creating new ideas in our minds about health ignoring the underlying basics. Thus the consistency and implementation of some fundamentals in our routine life is compromised. What we need to nurture is the consistency and self discipline in consuming proper diet and ABOVE ALL IMPLEMENT IN OUR DAILY ROUTINE!
We have all the knowledge of what kind of food to eat, when to eat, when not to eat etc. so i won’t be discussing that in this post but through this post i only want want to emphasize to all readers “BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU ARE BLESSED WITH, PROTECT WHAT ARE BLESSED WITH AND ENSURE YOU IMPLEMENT ALL THE THINGS NEEDED TO PROTECT WHAT YOU ARE BLESSED WITH”
I just came across this article on NY times, about a male nurse working in Mount Sinai West Hospital in New york who died recently due to coronavirus infection. Please read this, it will make us realize that our judgements and analysis could go wrong and can be fatal.
I would like to encourage all my readers to let our judgement and information about something that we completely don’t know about be influenced by supplementing them with practice of basic rules, laws and protocols.
LETS “KEEP IT SIMPLE” AND JUST DO THESE 2 THINGS FOR NOW UNTIL WE HAVE AN ANTIDOTE FOR THIS VIRUS
1. DO NOT PANIC AND THINK TOO MUCH ABOUT IT AS IT CREATES MORE ANXIETY WITHIN US AND AMONG THE FAMILY MEMBERS, JUST FOLLOW BASIC MEDICAL ADVISE AND CENTRAL GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES AND IMPLEMENT IN YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE TILL THE RESTRICTED TIME. FOR QUERIES AND DOUBTS ITS BEST TO DISCUSS THEM WITH HEALTH PROFESSIONALS INSTEAD OF SEARCHING AND READING ONLINE OR IN BOOKS.
2. THERE ARE CERTAIN WAKE UP CALLS WITH REGARDS TO BASIC PREVENTIVE MEASURES THAT DESPITE OF KNOWING WE DIDNT FOLLOW PREVIOUSLY AND WE SHOULD ENSURE WE PUT THEM IN PRACTICE FROM TODAY ONWARDS.
Coronavirus is a zoonotic infection(infection that humans acquire from animals), in this case either bat or pangolins(endangered species of china). Bats’ and Pangolins immune system is stronger than human immune system. So if the virus has to enter bats or pangolins immune system the virus has to multiply and become more virulent in doing so it becomes well equipped to invade bats’ bodies. The infected bats’ when consumed by human as food become the entry route into human body system. Human immune system being weaker and virus being stronger one. It takes long time for human immune cells to fight against the virus and therefore increasing the morbidity and mortality. Mortality more so in people who are immune-compromised such as elderly, premature infants and babies, and diseased people who have acquired illnesses like Diabetes. Following are the things one should do to protect themselves from coronavirus.
1. First thing for us is to make our immune system stronger. Simply taking sufficient rest of 8 to 10 hours can help the body to prevent from Coronavirus infections
2. Consuming proper and balanced diet especially fruits and salads so as not to fall prey to the infection. Drinking hot soups and hot water daily several times helps in ensure good protection as hot environment is not suitable for the virus to grow consuming hot fluids can restrict the growth of virus.
3. Basic hygiene of washing hands after handling unknown objects or person.
4. Whenever possible take sunbath, heat reduces the multiplication of virus.
5. Wearing protection devices like face masks and gloves when necessary.
6. Avoid going to crowded public places and transportation.
7. Gain sufficient knowledge about this virus infection and discuss it with some health professional so as to acquire good practical perspective about this infection.
8. For sure to avoid travelling to countries that can make you vulnerable to acquiring this infection.
SARS outbreak in 2002, from guangdong city of china believed to have spread from the bats
affecting 8000 people across 26 countries and now coronavirus epidemic affecting 90000 people worldwide and causing more than 3000 deaths is also found to be 96% related to the bats and 99% to pangolin mammal.
Despite the fact that they reserchers have not been actually able to pinpoint the exact source of virus, coronavirus is considered to be a zoonotic virus. A study done in the university of berkely california found that bats immune system are more powerful than humans. Hence if the virus affected bats has to enter bats immune system must make itself more virulent by multiplying rapidly and other structural modifications. Once bats are affected themselves through their saliva and feces they affect other animals as well and when human come in contact with bats or animals affected by bats they also become the part of chain of victims. Human immune system being weaker than the bats and these animal’s system it could lead to high morbidity and fatality among humans. Elder people, the people who have underlying diseases like diabetes that could weaken the immune system and premature infants are at high risk of fatality after acquiring this virus
Coronavirus are zoonotic virus meaning they are transmitted from animals to humans. It can be presented as common cold, flulike, Coughing, breathing difficulty, and in severe cases difficulty of breathing, pneumonia, kidney failure and even death. As the virus has tendency to spread from human to human by close contact via air droplets, sneezing and coughing it is best prevented Firstly, by avoiding contact with person who may seem to be presenting like common cold. Secondly, by consumption of meat of bats, pangolins and as such any possible animal that could potentially be the source of coronavirus. Routine hygiene measures for sure can reduce prevention of coronavirus.
ELDERLY PEOPLE, PEOPLE WITH UNDERLYING DISEASES LIKE DIABETES THAT COULD WEAKEN OUR IMMUNE SYSTEM AND PREMATURE INFANTS ARE AT HIGH RISK. HENCE THEY SHOULD TAKE ALL THE MEASURES TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM THIS DISEASES. ALSO IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO CONSULT FAMILY PHYSICIAN OR INFECTION DISEASE SPECIALIST TO DISCUSS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS